The GPSengine team is pleased to announce updates to its Platform and services.
- New password requirements have changed to 12 characters minimum to enforce stronger passwords. No changes for an existing customer password, you can still log in with your existing password.
- Reports optimised to handle the much larger data stored in the platform.
- Storage cluster has been updated for more tolerant behaviour and failover without human intervention.
- Storage cluster communication optimised.
- Adjustment to handle some data fields from some ATrack devices when they don’t send data as expected.
- Several updates and improvements to our installer/maintenance system for the platform and services.
- Faster deployments and automation for extra backups during deployment/maintenance process.
- Improvements to the ability to recognise and process incorrect emails as well as handling bounces and rejects of emails.
- Movement notification feature added to the API.
- Improved queuing and processing of emails across multiple backend providers providing more redundancy and the ability to send much larger quantities of emails from the platform.
- Weekly summary report for devices on a customer’s account added. Only for upcoming paid plans.
- Some small bug fixes.
- Updates to the API documentation.
- Several other small improvements and enhancements.
- Improved validation in forms added.
Free Vehicle Tracking
- Improvements to UI layout.
- Extra help links added throughout the UI.
- Extra help pages and documentation added for exisiting and upcoming Free Vehicle Tracking features.
- Map rotation is now disabled when playing back activity history to ensure consistency with directional arrows and map coordinates.
- Adjustments to support new paid plans coming to Free Vehicle Tracking.
- Fuel usage and fuel costings have been added. Only available for upcoming paid plans. Fuel cost can be set per devices. Fuel costing calculations added to reports. Supported device required.
- Improved support for inline support system.
- Odometer sync has been added. Only available for upcoming paid plans. Odometer can be reset and synced on a per device basis. Supported device required.
- Accumulated engine hours has been added. Only available for upcoming paid plans. Accumulated engine hours can be reset and synced on a per device basis. Supported device required.
- Features adjusted in the UI based on plan the customer is subscribed to.
- New add new device wizard to help guide the customer through adding devices.
- Email notification when a device is added with device details and checklist for reference.
- Some small bug fixes.